Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Prayer needed

*UPDATE: I ended up having to reschedule my appointment. We just had too much going on. We weren't moved out of the house when we thought we would be. So I rescheduled for Thursday August 6th. I would appreciate your prayers for that day! :)

I don't have time to really be on here, we are in the midst of moving our stuff out of our house tonight. We have to be out by the 31st, so we are crazy busy. I just have a quick prayer request. The other day while flossing, I broke part of my tooth. The tooth has given me problems for years. Anyway, after going to the dentist I found out that the tooth is pretty bad. It was filling that came out. There is quite a bit of decay on that tooth and a cavity on the one beside it. I am going in tomorrow to have it filled and have a crown put on. He also said that there is a chance that if they hit nerve that they will have to do an emergency root canal.

Honestly I don't have time to write about all my feelings about everything that has happened (gone wrong) in the past 2 weeks. I am feeling a bit discouraged. It's just bad timing. In the midst of packing, moving, cleaning I have this. God is stretching me. dental work is very expensive, I don't really care for going to the dentist (actually freak out a little at the thought) as it is. I am trying to just rely on Him though. I know He will provide, I know He will take care of me. This incident (and all the other things that have happened) did not take God by surprise...and that thought is comforting.

Please be in prayer for me tomorrow. I go in at 9 am. I am a little anxious about the whole thing. Please pray for peace of mind and also for wisdom for the Dr. And also please just pray that we can get everything packed and cleaned out of the house by Friday.

Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Sounds like you've had a pretty tough couple of weeks lately. And now this. As I sit here typing I can't help but think about how all you girls have had some not so pleasant medical/dental issues that end up with additional treatment. And while that seems to really stink timing wise, I'm glad it's happened this way. I know that sounds totally crazy but I'm glad it has all happened and there's been "time" to get it handled BEFORE y'all have to leave. At least you can leave and you won't have those 3 things pop up once you're gone and they end up being major problems in a foreign place. I'll be praying for you. I too get really anxious these days at the Dentist. Even for a cleaning! I've had a root canal before and it was not NEAR what I thought it would be. I just prayed my way through it. Seriously! I had a friend struggling with infertility and subsequent marital problems and she is who I focused on. I KNOW you can do the same thing.

Just relax and it'll be over before you know it!

Melissa G said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing! I can imagine everything you are going through and it's hard enough with adding dentist visits to the mix! I'll be praying for grace and strength for you and your family as you pack and move.
I was just thinking of you last night actually. I was wondering how you were doing with the move and all. Did you find out if you could hang things on the walls there?
My husband and I just found out that we are accepted for the training starting in January. We'll be right behind you!
Do you what the apartments are like? What do we have to bring? Dishes, sheets, towels, furniture? don't worry about answering right now. I know you are busy but if you get a chance after you are moved and settled i'm sure i'll have more questions for you coming up!

I hope this all gets sorted out smoothly with your tooth and that it doesn't cause you too much pain or stress!

casual friday every day said...

Elizabeth, I will pray for you. HUGS.

Nell

Charlyn said...

Moving is one of the top three stress makers - survey says...

God will make a way....

And you will be a an awesome testimony...

Babywearing