Friday, July 17, 2009

How many is too many?

One shoe.
Two shoe.
Three shoe.
Four.
plenty more not on the floor.
Yesterday one of my goals on my to do list was to sort through our HUGE box/pile of shoes on the back porch. Bill took the kids out for the afternoon, under strict orders (well not really. If you know Bill you know he would never order me to do anything. :) ) that I would do something about the massive amounts of shoes our family of 6 has. I told him that I was pretty sure that 3/4 of them were mine. To be honest I really wasn't sure how many pairs of shoes I owned until I started sorting. :) After looking through I am pretty sure that 90% are mine.

This is just a few. :)
So I counted...I think the number is somewhere around 25 pairs of shoes just for me (Shhh, don't tell Bill. Actually, I already did...he wasn't to shocked!)!! Oh My! I decided I MIGHT part with maybe 2 or 3 pairs that I don't wear all that much. :) But now that I'm looking at them, I really do like them so....I just don't know. LOL
So my question is...How many shoes is too many? Can you ever have too many? :) How many pairs do you own...HONESTLY? :) Do you even know?! I dare you to count. :)

8 comments:

Bethany said...

I wonder how many pairs of shoes I have... I think I have shoes I don't wear so does that count?

Liz Ferguson said...

I counted every pair, even the ones I hadn't worn in a long time! :)

April W. said...

I have never been a shoe girl. If they fit they work till I have worn through them that being said I took your challenge and counted, I own.....6 pairs of shoes. My husband on the other hand owns 10.

Fairlight said...

I have to confess, when we went to the beach for a week this summer, I took along at least as many pairs of shoes as the number of days we would be there...WAY more than I probably needed...and I bet half of those were black flip-flops or sandals of some sort.:-P Suffice to say I can sympathize with the size of your shoe collection!

Charlyn said...

30. You inspired me to get rid of 6. LOL! They each have a purpose. Very dressy dark, very dressy light, dress/work shoes for each color and comfort, good and bad tennis shoes, lots of flip flops and sandals, sassy shoes, white shoes which I never wear - but just in case. But mostly, I don't like to wear shoes! I prefer bare feet!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad to find your blog while blog hopping today. I love making new friends and finding new blogs.
I enjoyed my visit to yours. Great pictures...


http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Phyllis said...

6, including one pair that I'm looking to give away. :-)

Stephanie said...

You have some great shoes.. :) Love the black ones with what looks like butterflies on top!

Babywearing