Friday, July 3, 2009

Day at the beach

We happened to pick the best day to go to the beach. It was warm but not too hot, and just enough sun out that it wasn't miserable. Perfect for taking pictures too. :) I am pretty sure this was the highlight of our time together. Hang on because I have a load of pictures from that day.

The water was cold so I didn't bring the kiddos swimsuits. I didn't plan on them wanting to go in...silly me. :) They loved the water and could care less that it was like ice!
Gavyn and Gregg
Claire playing with her piggies in the sand.
So interested in everything.
Laughing and enjoying themselves.
Oh I LOVE this one of my brother Matt. He really is such a cool guy...and very funny too. I love how you can see everything that is going on around him through his glasses.

Claire's and my sand covered feet. :) I also painted Claire's nails for the first time!
This was Claire's first time at the beach, and she LOVED it!
My dad. This pretty much sums up his time with us....laughing and taking it all in. He told me that he just enjoyed watching us all interact. He is such a great Papa and Dad.
Anna and her mud/sand balls.

Gage enjoyed his time in the sand...so concentrated.
Showing Papa something.
Aunt Dana and Claire.
James burying Anna.
Sweet Gavie girl, covered in sand.


My love.


Matt and Dana walking on the beach.
Our time on the beach ended as storm clouds rolled in. The sky may have been dark, but it certainly didn't dampen the mood of our time together. 3 years is much too long to go without seeing each other. We must do this again soon.

5 comments:

Allie said...

I can't wait to get the pics. I love the one of Bill and James walking and the one of Dad. You are right 3 years is way too long. Hopefully it won't be that long next time. BTW - your photography skills rock!

Melissa G said...

Family. It looks like you are blessed with a wonderful one!

Those pictures are priceless. I love Clairs pink painted toes in the sand. And the joy on your Dad's face as he watches you all. I love how the little ones are hanging onto their daddy's hand with so much trust. And the photo of you and your husband is beautiful too!

You asked what i used to edit my pictures. I usually use photoscape, but some times i'll use Picnik online. And for the ones that are black and white with one object in color i used Gimp.
What do you use? I like learning about new programs and what others think of them.

Have a happy 4th!

Charlyn said...

All I can say is "Awww....!"

Pam said...

So glad to hear that y'all had such a fantastic time with all of the family in town.

The pictures of Claire's cute little feet are just adorable. And the one of your Dad sitting back enjoying everyone romp around is just great. But I LOVE the one of you and Bill. That's such a great picture of you two. You'll be so glad that you have that one. You should definitely print that one off and frame it!

Stephanie said...

Those are wonderful shots. It looks like a fun time was had by all.

Do you live near the beach?

Babywearing