Thursday, July 2, 2009

Family time

It would be hard to put into words what having my family here meant to me. I feel so blessed, incredibly blessed with the time we had together and I wish it didn't have to come to an end so soon. Those 5 days just flew by. It certainly was crazy (in a good way) to have our tiny house packed to overflowing with adults and little ones running around. We had LOTS of food...and I found that cooking for 13 wasn't as big of a challenge as I thought it would be. :) We had great conversations and of course the house was filled with laughter. My heart is so full. Besides the welcome distraction of not having to pack and get ready to move, it was simply a refreshing and relaxing (for the most part when one of the kids wasn't screaming or hitting or trying to fall into bodies of water. HA! ;)

Here is just a fraction of the hundreds of pictures that were taken during their time here. Let me introduce you to my family...


My sister Allie and her son Gage. Both have beautiful blue eyes. Allie is such a good mommy. It was so fun to get to see her with her kiddos.

We went to a state park one afternoon for a picnic. The kids had fun catching frogs. This is Ryan showing me his exciting find. I don't think I've ever seen a frog so tiny before.

Ryan and Uncle Matt (my brother). Ryan immediately bonded to Matt. They were buddies the whole time.

My brother in law Greg (my sister Allie's husband) swinging with his son Gage. What a fun daddy he is. I love that Bill gets along with and enjoys the company of Greg, Matt and my dad. That for sure is a blessing.

Claire and my Niece Gavyn playing with chalk.

The girls were so cute together. Claire is 16 months and Gavyn is almost a year. So they are very close in age.

Ryan and Anna both loved playing with Gavyn...who is a doll.



Look at her sweet face...precious little Gavie Girl!
Uncle Matt with Ryan and James.




Aunt Dana with Anna and Ryan. Dana is such a fun loving person. I am thankful that she married my brother.

Lots of laughter.

Some sweet cousin lovin.
Up next pictures from our trip to the beach. :)

6 comments:

Charlyn said...

Thanks for sharing. You and your siblings definitely resemble each other. These were great!

Solarbusinessman said...

hey that DVD you gave us had the wrong pictures on it :( They were pictures from January 2009 and not the trip. So when you can, just send us another DVD with the pics.

Stephanie said...

Those are absolutely beautiful pictures!!! I'm loving the baby girls :) Glad you had a wonderful visit and some great family time...that really is what life is all about!!!!

Fairlight said...

Oh, how FUN! Loved getting a glimpse of your time together...knowing you all when we were kids and now seeing you grown up with your own kids playing together...

Toni Marie said...

Your pics make me smile!

Mary @ Parenthood said...

Okay - just wanted to say that I loved the picture of the tiny frog :)

Babywearing