Monday, December 15, 2008

Sleep in Heaveny peace


No matter what is going on and how stressful life gets, seeing this sweet babe puts a smile on my face. Oh what joy fills my heart. A picture of perfect simplicity and serenity. Looking at her sweet slumber reminds me of how God wants me to live my life...totally resting in Him...knowing that the One who holds my future will gently guide me over the rough terrain. All he wants for me is to trust and rest...leaving the details of the journey up to Him.

This afternoon a dear friend of mine shared this quote from the book, "Jesus Calling" by Sara Young.

Leave outcomes up to Me. Follow Me wherever I lead, without worrying about how it will all turn out. Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your Guide and Companion. Live in the now, concentrating on staying in step with Me. When our paths lead to a cliff, be willing to climb it with My help. When we come to a resting place, take time to be refreshed in My Presence. Enjoy the rhythm of life lived close to Me.

You already know the ultimate destination of your journey: your entrance into heaven. So keep your focus on the path just before you, leaving outcomes up to Me.


Brings perspective doesn't it?

Tonight I am choosing peace. Choosing to close my eyes and rest in His heavenly peace...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi liz! what a sweet baby!

thanks for always sharing your heart. i have enjoyed your recent posts.

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

What a sweet picture! Children always look so peaceful and sweet when they're asleep! However, Claire just looks sweet all the time :)

Babywearing