Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bill says, "Blog it!"

So I am!

Ok, for those of you who know what has been going on in the last 24 hours in our family I am just going to spell out all the details. For those of you who don't know, you're about to find out! :)

So yesterday was a pretty crazy day. I had so much to get done. Tuesdays are always like that for us. Anna has her Pom Pons class at the Y. It gets out at 5:05. I have to rush home and get supper on the table so we can be to Bible study by 7. Well, last night our Tuesday night groups were throwing a surprise shower for Jen and Andy. That meant we had to be at the Bretz's by 6:30. I was supposed to bring a snack to the shower. I didn't have anything, so after Anna's class I had to rush to Pick-n-Save (with all 3 kids) to pick up a brownie mix.

We got home around 5:30. I wasn't sure what to do for supper in such a short amount of time so I opted for Mac and Cheese (fyi: 1 box is not enough for me and the kids). Bill said that he would be home around 6:00. We needed to leave at 6:15. I knew we would be cutting it close but I had everything under control.

At 6:15 Bill was still not home I was getting worried. I decided to check my e-mail. To my surprise there was an e-mail from Bill. It read,

"can you come pick me up at school. I cant find my car"

Uhhh, is this a joke? Within a few minutes the phone rang. Mystery solved, it was Bill and he really couldn't find his car. He had checked several times where he had remembered parking it. He said he walked like 15 blocks. Anyway, he had called the towing company and they told him that they did not have his car. So, the only thing we could assume was that it had been stolen.

Bill's sister Tara kindly offered to go to Milwaukee and pick him up. When Tara got there, Bill decided to try the towing company one more time before calling the police. Turns out they did have his car at an impound...someone made a mistake the first time he called. If they had gotten it right the first time he would have been able to pick it up last night, but at this point they were closed. Arg!!!

Soooo...Bill and I took the kids to the impound at 7:30 this morning. We were there waiting for 3 HOURS!!!!! We weren't in the nicest area in Milwaukee either. And, we had to sit in the car waiting for the impound to get things straight. Needless to say the kids got a little restless. After 2 hours they told us that they couldn't get Bill's car to start. He asked if he could go back in the lot and try it himself (we had already paid the hefty fine, plus the extra $20 they tacked on because we didn't pick it up yesterday), they said no. So, we had to call a towing company to come and tow Bill's car out of the impound lot. That took another hour.

After they towed it out of the lot Bill got in the car and it started right away...whatever!

We just sat there and laughed. What in the world? What a crazy thing to have happen. The reason this all happened was because they said Bill parked in front of a driveway. He said he was sure he had not but...it really doesn't matter at this point.

So, Bill's old clunker is safe and sound in our driveway tonight. Praise God it wasn't stolen! Who would want it anyway? :)

Soooo...

$90 fee for impound lot
$20 for extra day at impound lot
$50 fine from Police
$30 to tow it out of impound lot
Knowing that God provides for our every need....priceless!!

We have come to the conclusion that the reason this happened was simply for God to once again prove to us His faithfulness. You see, about a week ago we received a check in the mail for almost the exact amount that we would need today! Isn't God awesome?! His ways of teaching our family never cease to amaze me. In the midst of Bill trying to find a job, and not finding anything, I am finding myself even more confident that God is going to take care of us. I am not discouraged, I press on knowing that I serve a mighty God. When I am tempted to loose sight of this God just does one more thing to prove His faithfulness. The past 24 hours just serve as yet another example of that.

Oh, and the fact that SO many of our friends called to check up on us after we did not make it to the baby shower last night...We are so blessed! I am so thankful for everything God has given to us! I feel very loved.


Just a side note: I didn't know what to do with the kids while we waited (it started raining while we were there...just to add to the drama of it all.) So, I put them in the trunk of the station wagon. They had a great time playing around. Of course James picked the moment I was on the cell phone to learn how to climb over the backseat. He fell over and into Anna's car seat. Meanwhile, Bill was just walking up to the car from being in the building, and Anna was yelling, "Mom you weren't watching him." (For everyone around to hear) He was fine...didn't even cry. Maybe you had to be there but it was pretty funny! Ahhh, someday we'll look back and say "good ole family memories!" :)

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Hahaha...I was wondering why Bill was just laughing when I saw him at the Y tonight??? lol It's good to know you guys found humor in the whole situation, after the fact :) God definitely does provide in the most peculiar ways sometimes!

Unknown said...

I love this blog!! WOW! What a great way to look at it. You bless me so much and I love having you in my corner.

Babywearing