Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dear Anna




Dear Anna,

I can't believe you are 6 years old today. It seems as if only yesterday I held you for the first time. I am sure I will say this every year for the rest of your life. But it is so true that you are growing up so fast. You are growing into such a beautiful little girl. You inspire and encourage me. Your faith amazes me. Your love of laughter is so contagious. You are a treasure! You have so many gifts and talents, most of which have not even been discovered. I love to watch you learn and grow. And although we have had our challenges I enjoy being your mom...I LOVE being your mom. I enjoy the fact that I get to be your teacher. I get to see first hand just how God created your mind and how it works. Just in case you ever wondered, you are so loved!

I never knew 6 years ago how much my life would change the day I met you.

My prayer for you sweet daughter, is that you grow in understanding of our Lord Jesus. You have such a sweet and sensitive spirit, I know that the Lord can use that if you choose to yield to Him. I pray that you will desire to hide God's Word in your heart. I pray that you will desire to follow the Lord and look to Him to guide you through your days. I pray that you will come to understand all you have because of Christ. He has given you everything you need to live a life of godliness.

Happy Birthday sweet Annaliese!


Oh God...I am so blessed! I pray that you would use my daughters life to bring glory to you. Help me to yield to you and walk in the spirit, so that I can guide her and give her wisdom from Your Word. Thank you Lord for lending her to Bill and I to take care of. We know that Anna's life belongs to you, help us to be good stewards of it. Thank you Father for blessing us with this gift of life.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Awww....that's so sweet! She is such a blessing, I love her sweet & caring personality. She is definitely the "Mommy" of our group...lol!

Charlyn said...

What a sweet tribute to your daughter. I remember when she was a baby. Kayla and I were instantly attached to her! She was such a tiny little thing.

God is so good, isn't he??

Happy Birthday Anna!!

"Super Grover"

The Graham Family said...

That was a very sweet letter. Ella was sitting on my lap as I read it. I got choked up reading it and thinking of her growing up and her approaching birthday. I remamber Anna as a baby chewing on her blanky tag in Bible study when we first met you. It really is hard to believe that it has been that long already.

Babywearing