Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Latest Drama!

Ok so remember this post from the other day? This is about the same car again!Bill was driving home from work yesterday and suddenly he said his car transformed into a Harley...well at least it sound like a Harley! When he pulled the driveway, I laughed and called out the window, "When did you get that obnoxious Vehicle?" The noise was pretty ridiculous. So we decided we needed to take it into our mechanic.

We dropped the car off last night.Kind of stinks for me...leaves me stranded without a car. Oh well, that's alright. It's so hard going anywhere with 3 kids it's just easier to stay home.

Anyway, Bill called the mechanic tonight to see if they had looked at the car yet. To make a long story short (and because I don't know car jargon) he did look at it, and it's going to cost a lot of money to fix it. I don't know I think there are 3 major things wrong with it. Yeah, he said we would be looking at close to $1,000 to fix it. Sooooo....tonight Bill is looking on Craigs List for another car. This is so not what we were expecting right now.

For a split second I was so close to giving into temptation and feeling discouraged. I had to laugh...then take a deep breath...God is in control!!! I don't know what is going on. I don't know why Bill hasn't been able to find a job. I don't know why expenses like this keep coming up...and our finances feel as though they are being striped away. (Oh, I never shared what happened to my car a few weeks ago...Got a flat right as I pulled up at playgroup...pretty embarrassing actually. The reason I got the flat was my stupidity. I got too close to the curb. It was a freak thing...but still the tire had to be replaced.) But what I do know is that God is in control.

In the past when things came up I had the tendency to really worry about it. And I also looked at others circumstances. I would be tempted to look at my brother and sister in Christ, and say, "God it's not fair...everything seems to be going good in their lives. What about me...how come you aren't doing cool things in my life? In fact everything seems to be opposite. Why are you providing for them in that way and not me?" I don't think I really prayed that, but trust me I thought it. It has been a long road to this point in my life...learning lessons, being humbled, seeing my selfishness and sin. Seeing the ugliness of being jealous of the things that others can afford (or not necessarily afford, just have) The Lord has been so faithful to teach me.

I can honestly say that I do not currently have wondering eyes. Meaning I am not comparing what the Lord is taking us though to how He deals with other others. Sometimes it may feel as though He provides more financially for others...but we always have what we need. I am so blessed. I feel so blessed spiritually...especially in times like these. I know God is constantly reminding me of His faithfulness.

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I love this verse. I will have peace when I lay it all at his Feet. Which is what He wants me to do. Prayer is my expression of my dependence upon Him...and that is what I am doing.

Psalm 62:5-8
My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah.


It is only from the Lord that I have such peace. I am leaning hard on Him, because at this point that is all I can do. Our life is so uncertain right now.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.


I am encouraged as I look in the Word. Each trial that I face is divinely appointed for my growth. That's why James 1:2-4 says,

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Oh Lord, thank you for the different trials that you bring into my life. Help me to rest in you and lay my burdens at Your feet. Thank you that no experience in life is waisted, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. Let the eyes of my heart be open to see what it is you want to teach our family. I pray that you would use us to bring glory to Your name. Thank you Father that Your Word is living...and it brings hope and healing to my soul. I need you Lord! Help me to fill my heart and soul with Your precious Words. Thank you for the privilege it is to be refined by Your hand!


*I am a little hesitant to post this...finances are something I am a little uncomfortable sharing, especially on a blog. I am only trying to share what the Lord is teaching us. Please only see it as that.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

You guys are always in my prayers, everything will be fine, He is in control and will be faithful to your family. Your right, maybe not in your timing, but He has something Great planned for your lives :)

Charlyn said...

Girl, your posts are always a blessing to me. You are such an awesome testimony for the Lord, and your faith is evident.

Another verse that comes to my mind is this:

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not harm you."

I love that we can rest in Him with our trials, and know that He is in control.

Thanks for sharing your heart again!

Babywearing