Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's day

I am feeling like a very blessed mommy tonight. My kids were so sweet today. I posted over at our family blog yesterday that Anna was busy making me a mother's day gift. Well this morning Anna could hardly contain her excitement. She handed me a very cute homemade card. She had also wrapped up a painting she had made last year in 4-k and gave it to me. And here is the best part, the part that melted my heart...she had wrapped up about 10 pennies that she had taken out of here piggy bank. I am totally smiling right now thinking about it. I was so touched!!! It was such a sweet gift...so thoughtful. She wanted so badly to give me something special and she sure did. What a sweetheart...what more could I ask for.

Ryan gave me a potted flower that that did in Sunday school this morning. He was so proud of himself. His smile and his big brown eyes shone when he handed it to me. I am sooo sooo blessed.

James was his usual sweet funny self...gave me lots of mommy hugs.

My wonderful hubby surprised me with breakfast and roses. What a sweet man. I loved them!

And...I got to take a 2 1/2 nap!!!!! Oh how wonderful!

Thank you guys for giving me such a great day and making mommy feel like the most treasured mommy in the world! :)

Happy Mother's day everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! (I read the WHOLE thing!.......hubby)

Our Family said...

Awww...so glad you had such a wonderful day!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I had the same 2 1/2 hour nap too! Don't you just love sleeping on Sundays? It's the best!

Charlyn said...

How sweet!

My 10 year old made me dinner in bed. Grilled cheese and tomato soup with salad and blueberry muffins. What a guy!!

Happy Mother's day!

The Graham Family said...

You are a wonderful mommy. I am so glad that you had a great day!

Babywearing