Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A sweet moment

Yesterday when we were in the car driving to the Y, I overheard a conversation between Anna and Ryan.

Anna--"Ryan do you love me?"

Ryan--"Yes I love you Anna."

Anna--"I know sometimes when you say you don't love me, you really do."

Ryan--"Yes I love you Anna, you're my best friend."

What more could a mommy ask then for her little ones to love each other? Amidst the fighting and bickering comes a moment like this that just makes my heart melt. Oh those tender moments...I treasure each of them.

Thank you Lord for my precious little ones. I pray that they will learn to love each other and realize how blessed they are to have one another. I pray that you would convict their little hearts when they are tempted to utter an unkind word, or to act unlovingly. I pray for their salvation at a young age, and that You would give them a desire to walk in your ways. Give me wisdom as a mommy and help me to guide them. Help me to always bring them back to Your Word. Thank You that Your Word is Living and Active. Thank You that you are faithful to Your promises, to provide wisdom when we ask for it.

2 comments:

The Graham Family said...

That is so cute. I love moments like that. Although, my kids haven't had a conversation like that. I am thinking of times when Ella has said sweet things like that to me or to a friend. I think there may have even been a few exchanges between her and Ryan that were really sweet and cute like that.

Charlyn said...

It's things like that you will never forget.

And I applaud you for being a praying mom. I prayed for my kids from the moment of conception.

Babywearing