Thursday, May 17, 2007

Something Extraordinary

Today passed just like most of our other days do. I had the usual craziness with the kids. Bill went to school. We had dinner. We went over to a friends house. We came home and put the kids to bed. I folded laundry while I watched the series finale of Gilmore Girls. And, now I am here at the computer.

It doesn't feel like an unordinary day...except one thing makes today stand out from all the others. This day something took place that we can mark in the history of our family.... Bill took his last exam!!!

Do you get the meaning? BILL IS DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!!! I can't believe it didn't hit me earlier...actually I don't think it's really totally hit me yet. He is officially done! 4 years of school crammed into 3 crazy busy years. All his hard work...

I'm not quite ready to let out my breath.

It's been a long haul and I know that it might not be totally over yet. but, I just want to say how incredibly proud I am of my husband. He has worked so hard to go to school and provided for our family. I am such a blessed woman.

I know we don't know what is in our future and there is no job lined up yet...but I have hope. God is so faithful. He always, always provides! He has a plan for us. I am just thankful for the man I am married to, and that He trusts the Lord with our future. I know that he is looking to the Lord to guide us and give us wisdom. His hope is not in some job but in the Lord.

Bill, you are an amazing man and I will say it again, I am SOOO PROUD of you!!! Congratulations honey! You did it! I love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ready to potentially suffer through 2 more years of grad school stretched out over 4 years?

Liz Ferguson said...

"...where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God."

"Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the LORD do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me." Ruth 1:16-17

I will go anywhere the Lord leads you Bill, and if that means 4 more years of school, I will support you! :)

And, no I am not ready for that, but God will give us strength.

Nicole said...

I'm so happy for you guys in this exciting accomplishment! I'm so glad that you are enjoying this moment not know whats ahead but just trusting! He will provide (and I'm hoping it will be in the form of a job right now, but He will hold you in His hands if it's 4 more years of schoool)!

Charlyn said...

Congrats!! I know the feeling. I remember when B went to 2 years of school and worked full-timeand helped raise 3 kids. It was not easy. I congratulate you both! What a testimony!

The Graham Family said...

Congratulations Bill! What a relief. We will keep praying for your family and what lies ahead.

Our Family said...

Yeah, congrats! I know it's been a looong road for you and your family, although His plan isn't seen right now, I'm sure He has Great things planned for you.

Love the new pics too :)

Babywearing