Sunday, February 17, 2008

Waiting...


Saturday was a rough day for some reason. I was SOOO emotional. I spent most of the day in tears for no reason. I know my time is drawing near, and I think that is why I have felt so emotional. It's so frustrating, I really don't like to cry for no reason. I totally felt as though I had lost control of myself. Anything anyone said to me, or any thought I had pretty much made me cry.

Bill stayed home with the kids Sat. night so I could just go out for a little bit and be by myself. As much as our family time has been needed lately...I think I also just needed a little time to myself. I spent 2 hours just walking around different stores (My Dr. said walking could help put me in labor...and since we have SOOOO much snow...and it's been so cold, walking around stores was the only thing I could think to do.) Even though it wasn't a "productive" shopping trip, I think I really needed it mentally.

I came home in time to bathe and put the kiddos to bed. I started feeling really icky...and then the contractions started coming. They were coming pretty consistently, and they were getting more painful. Bill and I sat down to watch LOST together (we didn't get a chance to the other day). I really thought for sure I was going to go into labor that night. After we finished watching LOST I picked up around the house (between contractions) and made sure everything was ready to go just in case this turned out to be it. But alas, the contractions subsided in the middle of the night. :( Sigh! It will happen soon...it's just starting like I am going to be pregnant forever. I totally trust God's timing though. We ended up getting so much freezing rain last night that the roads would have been dangerous to drive on had we need to go to the hospital.

And so, we continue to wait...and rest in God's perfect timing. I am trying to enjoy these last days I have with my baby growing inside me.

*Pictures taken today.

4 comments:

Amy... said...

You look really pretty as you wait for your little girl! I'm sorry it has been a bit of a frustrating wait. Been thinking of you...

Charlyn said...

You are such a beautiful mommy. I know these days are hard for you, but it shouldn't be long now. Is there anything I can do for you this week? I'm off Wednesday, let me know!

Praying! (hugs)

Janelle and Ella said...

You are SO adorable!!! You really do look amazing! I'm so excited for you guys. I am going to start praying now that this baby will come SOON! I can't wait to hear the good news.

The Graham Family said...

You really do look so cute. I know you don't feel it. It is so hard to wait. I am getting really anxious for you. :) It is really only days away now though.

Babywearing