Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Emotional

Discouraged, weary, sad, overwhelmed... That would describe me right now. I have tried to write this post like 3 times now, only to delete it. I HATE, HATE admitting that I am feeling this way, and I'm sure a lot of it has to do with pregnancy hormones right now. To admit this makes me feel like a failure. Most of the time I am pretty open and don't have a hard time talking about anything. But, for today I am having a hard time admitting that emotionally things are not ok. I feel guilty saying that because I have NOTHING to complain about. I have a wonderful husband, 3 children I cherish, and VERY supportive friends...and yet I feel alone today.

Maybe one reason I am feeling sad and lonely is because I really feel like I need a mother figure. Sometimes it's just tough not really having someone I can call to give me advice. I have a mom, but she is far away, has health issues, and we don't have the best relationship...that is a long story. This is the world wide web and I don't want to say too much about that.

I just put my little ones down for a nap. I am headed to lay my heart before the Lord. He is the only one who can fill my empty, so empty void right now. He has promised all those who are weary that if we give Him our burdens He will give us rest. I need rest and perspective.


If you feel lead, please pray for me today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...I'm sorry. I definitely have days like that, too, even without any pregnancy hormones contributing! Praying for you. ::hugs::

Loving Life said...

I understand Liz! I found a mother figure to be my guide b/c my own mother is not someone i want to emulate. I'll pray for you right now, and perhaps tomorrow will bring enough warm fuzzies to make up for today! much love my friend!

Nicole said...

I just said a prayer for you Elizabeth. I hope tomorrow goes a lot better for you. I'll see you then!

Our Family said...

Awww...I think we all need to learn to lean on our friends a little more as well...that's why the Lord has given us each other to help encourage one another. I will definitely keep you in my prayers :)

Janelle and Ella said...

I will be praying for you! I am so sorry you are struggling. Please let us know whenever you need to prayer.

Babywearing