Friday, November 30, 2007

A full heart

For You, O LORD, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands. Psalm 92:4
Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with love for my Savior. He is so good to me. I am so undeserving, and yet He continues to pour out His blessing to me. It just amazes me...God obviously knows our deepest longings and our hearts desires and the fact that He would choose to bless me, just blows me away.

Before we found out we were expecting baby #4, I knew in my heart that I would love to have another baby. We just weren't planning on it because of our circumstances. Thankfully God is in control and He knew better then us at what was the best timing. I felt it was selfish to think this, but my heart longed for another daughter. I'm not sure why, I really was content with the 3 little ones we have. I LOVE having the daughter I do have, and my boys...what can I say, they are so dear to me. But yet my heart longed...

Yesterday I had my 28 week Ob appointment. He decided to do another ultrasound just to double check the gender of the baby. My Dr. wasn't able to completely see everything at the last ultrasound. Well, this time he said for 100% certainty that it is in fact a girl!

I would NOT have been sad if it had turned out to be a boy. In fact, before I had Anna I always thought that I would rather just have all boys. :) But, my heart felt completely full when the Dr said for sure that we have been blessed with another daughter. It is really hard to describe the emotions that I felt. Maybe it sounds funny, but I really feel as though this baby completes our family(at least for now ;) ). Each of our children are such a blessing and add a unique quality to our family. I am excited to see how this little girl will fit into all of that, and what God has in store for us as a family of 6!!!

Thank you God for making me a blessed woman. I stand in awe at your goodness. Thank you for continually teaching me about what it means to have joy. I praise you God for this gift of life that grows within me. Thank you that she is fearfully and wonderfully made. I pray that each of our little ones would come to love you and see their need for you. Help me to be the mother You want me to be. Thank you for filling me, for knowing my needs, and for even giving me the desires of my heart. I am so undeserving. Your grace and love overwhelm me. My heart sings for joy at the works of Your hands. My delight is in You oh Lord!

*The picture is a close up of the baby's face. It really isn't very clear. You can see her nose, her cheek and an eye. It was much clearer on the computer then what the Dr. printed up. We got to see the baby sucking her thumb and moving her lips and moving her hands and fingers. It was a really fun apt. The kids were all excited to see the baby.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

She is fearfully and wonderfully made!

Charlyn said...

O.k., I don't see it? (Nose, cheek, eye).

Congrats again! At least you will have a few years between daughter #1 and daughter #2 being teenagers! LOL!!

Our Family said...

Awww...I'm so happy for you Elizabeth :) Can't wait to meet her.

Babywearing