Thursday, November 8, 2007

Picture Me

I was tagged for this "Picture Me" meme, by Amy. I think this one is really fun. :) I am supposed to post a picture of myself and write about it. I am going to post 2 picture because they go together to complete the story.

This is one of my first memories I have as a child. This was taken the day my parents brought our baby brother, Matthew home from the hospital. I was 4 (I'm the one with the red shoes) and my sister Allison was 2. Our parents decided to present us with a gift that was from our brother. I remember walking into the play room and seeing 2 pink baby buggies. Oh how Allie and I loved those...we loved playing babies...and how fun to receive a gift from our new little brother. :) I love that my parents did this for us. It made Matthew's homecoming so special and memorable for us.

As little girls, my sister and I spent HOURS playing house and pretending to be moms. Like most little girls we dreamed of the day when we would one day have our own babies. Many years later, and God blessed us both with great husbands and the the privilege to be mothers. I so wish Allie and I lived closer so that we could share this experience together.

This second picture was taken a year ago when we all reunited for Matthew's wedding to his beautiful wife Dana. It had been about a year since we had all seen each other. What a sweet reunion it was. It was the first time meeting my sister's baby Gage...and her first time meeting James. I LOVE this picture, it just captures all the tenderness I feel about my family.


I am supposed to tag 3 people. I'll just tag whoever reads this and wants to participate. :)

3 comments:

Charlyn said...

Wow, I see James in you when you were little! How cute.

Families are so special. Thanks for sharing some of your story!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I just LOVE family. They are the greatest blessing God has given me and I am so thankful for them.

These are wonderful pictures. I especially love the one of you and your sister with the matching baby buggies. Too cute!

Janelle and Ella said...

This is such a sweet post!! I LOVE the picture of you and your sister at 4 and 2. Your parents are so sweet and thoughtful to do that for you girls.

Babywearing