Monday, June 9, 2008

Flood

This weekend we got hit with some pretty bad storms. Tornadoes, flash floods, thunder and lightning, and power outages. It was a long weekend. Our small town, and many around us, are under alot of water right now. North of here many homes were totally destroyed and swept away in the water.

I took the kids for a walk to the Library yesterday. I didn't realize just how bad it was by us until I saw with my own eyes. This park is one that I take the kids to all the time. It is behind us and across the street. In the deepest parts, the park measures 7 feet of water!!! I am totally blown away. Last night we spent time praying with the kids for all the people around us who have been affected by the flood. Thankfully our house sits on a little higher ground, so we only got a little bit of water in our basement. Praise God for his protection!




6 comments:

Solarbusinessman said...

Now you can take the kids to your very own "Water Park"!! Free admition too.

Liz Ferguson said...

Lol! Yeah Bro, I thought of that. I'm sure they would love that. Too bad it's probably "dirty" water, if you know what I mean.

The Bailie Clan said...

lol! no way! i didn't realize it was that bad...

guess i'm glad i was partying all weekend to the point where i didn't know or care what was going on around us! :P :)

that's crazy!!!

Nicole said...

i really had no idea either until i got out of the house and saw the flooding. and here i was complaining about getting water in our basement when it was really nothing in comparison.

Joshua said...

That is crazy! I just saw some pictures of the Waukesha area flooded too. Glad to hear your home is safe!

Charlyn said...

I grew up in your town, and I remember that park being flooded a few times. One year I couldn't go to school because the water was up over the bridge!!! Crazy.

We got water in the basement too. In K's room, on graduation day to boot. It wasn't fun. :(

Imagine the families that lost their entire home because the dam broke!

Thoughts from the past

Babywearing