Thursday, June 12, 2008

My summer reading list

It has been a long time since I have had a chance to sit down and read a book for myself. I used to read ALOT...I miss having something to read. One of my goals this summer is to read through a few books. I have never been very good at getting through non fiction, but there are actually quite a few that I would like to read. I am more of a fiction person, I like to dream, I like to escape sometimes. :)

Anyway, I am making a list of the books that I want to read over the next couple of months. If you have read any on my list and want to share your thoughts about them I would love to hear.

Non-Fiction(This list is big, and I'm pretty sure I will probably only make it through 1 or maybe 2 of these)
-Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
-Bringing up Boys By Dr. James Dobson
-Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney (I started this months ago and have not finished it)
-The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

Fiction
-I think I want to read through the Sons of Encouragement by Francine Rivers.
-I could use some fiction recommendations. Do you have a favorite that you could suggest?

What are you reading this summer?

7 comments:

Charlyn said...

All of Karen Kingsbury's books are awesome, and she has several series. I just discovered a new author - Ted Dekker - The Martyr's Song. He's got several series also, which I'll be reading through this summer.

Liz Ferguson said...

I have read tons of Karen Kingsbury's..I love her!! My dad gave me one of her recent books, I forgot about, I think I'll add that to the list. Someone else reccommended Ted Dekker to me, I think I'm going to look into his books.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Liz said...

Have you read Redeeming Love? If not, I would definitely go for that one. It's one of my favorites!

Liz Ferguson said...

Liz, I have read Redeeming Love, and it is also one of my favorites. I would highly recommend that one too!

The Graham Family said...

Good idea making a list. I have so many books that I want to read, I keep putting it off. I need to write it down and make a plan of attack.

Janelle and Ella said...

Have you read the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers? Redeeming Love is my favorite book and the Mark of the Lion series is my 2nd, 3rd and 4th favorite books. They are amazing in so many ways.

Becca in Texas said...

I am a big fan of the library and the christian authors are all usually well represented in ours. I like Angela Hunt, Lori Wick, Harry Kraus, Bode and Brock Theone, Beverly Lewis and Jan Karon.

I have a couple new ones I am reading right now and I will try to remember to come back and tell you if I liked them.

Thoughts from the past

Babywearing