Monday, July 7, 2008

Miner glitch

Ok, so I am so pumped about running and getting fit, and starting some more healthy habits. I also found a running partner (thank you Shauna), and I am very excited about it. I am motivated, but to have a friend to help keep accountable with is so great. We are supposed to have our first run together tomorrow evening. Well...last night I tripped over Claire's little chair (she was not in it at the time) in the living room and stubbed my toe. Now, this isn't any little toe stubbing, I am talking the mother of all toe stubbingness (I'm not sure that's a real word! :) ) It was kind of funny when it happened, and Bill and I were laughing, but oh my word did it hurt!! I took 2 Advil last night before bed. The pain woke me a few times throughout the night. This morning my toe looked swollen and purple, and still painful. And it's kind of touching my other toe in a way that it never did before. I am hoping that is just from the swelling. :) Sorry if that's too much information. :)

I am praying (yes might sound silly) that I can get my running shoes on tomorrow night. But, I am starting to have my doubts. I wonder if it might be broken? I guess I'll find out tomorrow, if it's feeling better.

It's just a miner glitch in my system.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad to hear you found a running partner. That will be nice. Sorry to hear about your toe. I pray it won't be too bad, but my son stubbed his toe on the floor this spring and had a fracture. (I'm not trying to be discouraging.) Home the rest you your day is better.

Nicole said...

Oh, bummer! Isn't is always something that seems to keep you from starting a new routine. Hopefully it's nothing serious and it won't stop you from your new habit.

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

YOUR WELCOME ELIZABETH :) I enjoyed running with you and i look forward to it again!

Babywearing