Thursday, July 3, 2008

A new race

Tonight I went for my first run since I was pregnant with Claire. Yeah I know, it's been a long time. I only went out for 15 minutes, then came home and did 100 butt lifts, 25 crunches, stretches, and 16 push ups. I know that really isn't a whole lot, but I have not felt that wonderful in a long time. I have been feeling this need to get out and exercise now that it's nice out. Claire is 4 months old and sleeping through the night, so my mind and body feel ready for this.

My goal for the next couple of weeks is to get out and run 2 nights a week. I'm starting slow, and will build on that. I am starting a routine of hand weights and other exercises every evening after the kids go to bed. I am really motivated right now to get healthy...not just skinny. :)

I have prayed about how I can help my family get healthier, so there are more changes to come in the area of food. I want to be a good steward of everything God has given us, including taking care of our bodies. Bill has been saying lately that he is starting to put on some weight, so I think now is the perfect time to start implement changes.

8 comments:

The Bailie Clan said...

congrats, and way to go, girl! that's fantastic!

i really enjoy working out! even if i haven't lost a lb since giving birth, i still feel so good after i work out, and can lift a lot more weight then every before! :)

in the area of eating..even though we eat out a lot, i do love to cook as well.... we eat a lot of organic foods, and all of my recipes come from light and tasty. they are so good for you, and taste AWESOME!

best luck! you'll never look back, i promise!

Debbie said...

Good for you. I am glad you are feeling so motivated. Keep it up.

Wendy said...

that's great! the first step is always the hardest.

Melissa said...

good for you. I had a little girl a little while ago and I am now finally putting my foot down and trying to get back into shape

Bethany said...

Inspiring and encouraging! I'm looking forward to reading more about the changes you are going to implement.

Also, Anna - what is light and tasty - a magazine? I'm really into trying new recipes lately but I'm looking for more raw foods and healthier stuff.

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

Way to go Elizabeth! I find that excersize effects my whole life and attitude! Im looking forward to joining you! I need it to for my mind and body! And a stress reliever!

Liz Ferguson said...

Light and Tasty is a magazine. I believe that it is put out by the same people who make Taste of Home. You can check them out at the Library. I am thinking about looking these up too. They have good recipes. I am going to try and post a few healthy recipies that we like...hopefully soon.

Janelle and Ella said...

Wow! I am very very impressed!! You are an inspiration. :-)

Babywearing