Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of school

I would love to write about how wonderful our first day was, but it really wasn't. Today was tough...a little tougher then I thought. But, we made it through. I expect that it is just going to take some time to get used to our new schedule. I think I underestimated how hard it would be to juggle teaching two different grades with a toddler and baby, oh my! :) Even though it was hard I feel good about it. I don't feel discouraged just tired. :)

Our day may have started out shaky but it did end good. I think the kids favorite part of today was art, we made homemade play-doh. I am praying for creative fun ways to teach the kiddos. I know they enjoy that.

Thankfully tomorrow is another day and we can start afresh with happy hearts and renewed strength. I am excited to see what the morning brings!

If you want the recipe I used for Play-Doh you can find it on our homeschool blog.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

i hope tomorrow is a better day for you guys! i know we will have days like that too. it's hard to get back into a routine sometimes.

The Graham Family said...

Will continue to pray for you that you can have the mental and physical strength to get through each day and enjoy each day and your kids.

Allie said...

I honestly don't know how you do it. I really admire all that you do with your family. You are such a strong woman(or are crazy - hehe)

Babywearing