Tuesday, September 9, 2008

His Word

I am having trouble finding a quiet space to be with the Lord. This morning as I was praying and going about my daily duties, the Lord brought this passage of scripture to mind. I have been thinking and meditating on it. I LOVE it! He has filled my heart with joy! God is good to give me the Word that I needed at that moment.

Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before Him with joyful singing.
Know that the LORD Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100

These are some of my thoughts after reading:
~See serving the Lord (by serving my family) as a pleasure, a joy, a delight
~make a joyful noise (I'm pretty sure yelling at my kids is not a joyful noise :) )
~Set aside pride
~He is in control not me
~I am His
~Let my Words speak of His goodness
~Give thanks for His lovingkindness and His faithfulness that is for everyone for all times

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Isn't it neat how He gives us time throughout the day, even when it's hard to set aside a certain "quiet time"? I finally had to give up my ideal of a first-thing-in-the-morning time with the Lord. Now nap time is my time for that, but also just during the day, as I go about life. I love it!

Wendy said...

i always love reading your thoughts, liz! thanks for sharing!

Our Family said...

This is sooo what I needed today...as always your words are soo encouraging :) It definetly is hard to find that QUIET TIME, but the Lord always know's your heart ;)

Miss you guys!!!

love ya

Babywearing