Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Engough Light for Today

Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

Today I am resting in God's Word. He gives me the strength I need for today. His Word illuminates my path. Right now our family is totally overwhelmed with what to do with our mother. She was released from the hospital yesterday. Her kidneys started functioning better after a few hours. We are not going down there as of yet. But, she had no one to take care of her since Joe died. She cannot live alone.

Last night Allison (my sister) and I decided to take the night off and not think about stuff. Right now there is no solution. None of us can get down there. We are just having to entrust our mother's life into the Creator's Hands. We are praying for wisdom and for God to work in this impossible situation.

I wanted to share something that I thought was very fitting for my life right now. I read this book several years ago in a Bible study. At the time this didn't mean much to me. I came across this a few days ago and marveled at the timing of reading it again. God is so good! All praise belongs to Him!

Just Enough Light
Sometimes only the step I'm on,
or the very next one ahead,
is all that is illuminated for me.
God gives just the amount of light I need
for the exact moment I need it.
At those times I walk in surrender to faith,
unable to see the future
and not fully comprehending the past.
And because it is God who has given me
what light I have,
I know I must reject the fear and
doubt that threatens to overtake me.
I must determine to be content where
I am, and allow God to get me where I
need to go.
I walk forward,
one step at a time,
fully trusting that
the light God sheds
is absolutely sufficient.
(taken from the book...Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On, by Stormie Omartian)

Waiting for the next step...the next little bit of light...

4 comments:

Borbe Bunch said...

HI Elizabeth...wow, sounds like you have been going through much lately....I will be praying for you...REST In HIM...your attitude and heart are steadfast in the right Rock, GOD...rely on Him.
Praying...Liz

Shelly said...

This post so spoke to me. I loved this part:
"I know I must reject the fear and
doubt that threatens to overtake me.
I must determine to be content where
I am, and allow God to get me where I
need to go.I walk forward..."

Sometimes our 'forward' walk can even be sitting still and trusting in Him can't it?

Bless you, your family, and your sister during this time. My heart goes out to you.

Loving Life said...

Hi Darling!
I am just now catching up on your blog and wow sister! Your cup is very full and praise Him He does not give us more than we can handle (though at the time it can seem too much!) Even when the waves roll higher, KEEP ON standing strong! You are an encouragement to us all! Liz is right on in you needing to REST in Him! Funny how sometimes trials are small but seem huge and others are huge and we have peace... :)
Praying Sweet Friend! Always Praying!
~deb~

Our Family said...

You really are an encouragement to others...maybe this is what the Lord is using you for right now. Even through the rain, you are standing tall and firm in your faith...and He will light your path for you!

Stay strong and I'll keep praying for you guys!

Babywearing