Wednesday, August 15, 2007

In the midst of it...

I sat in the room by myself, waiting. The answer came..."how are we going to do this" I thought. A tear slid down my cheek. "It's just not the right time." I stood up and went into the other room to talk to Bill. He needed to know...

It has taken me awhile to get to writing this post...and now that I am sitting here, I'm not sure what to say. Life has taken an unexpected turn for us. I've shared some of what has been happening here. The ups and downs we have had, have been overwhelming at times. But, we have felt God's presence through it all. We know that God is in control even when things have seemed so chaotic.

Well, The Lord in His grace has seen fit to give Bill and I a blessing that we are totally unworthy of...so unworthy. He has decided to add another member to our family. We are going to have another baby around the middle of February.

This came as a surprise to us. We were not expecting this right now. And, not to sound ungrateful (because we aren't) it just seemed to us that the timing could not be worse. My first thought was, I don't want to tell anyone. I am so ashamed to admit that. I was so worried about what others might think. I was afraid of being judged, that people would think we were irresponsible. But...God has made it clear to us that we need to share our good news (and yes it is good news) with everyone, and not worry about what others think.

After wrestling with fear and surprise, God really laid it on my heart that this baby is a promise...a promise that He has not forgotten us, a promise that He is going to provide. I feel so overwhelmed with love for my Savior. He has blessed me beyond what I deserve. He is such a wonderful God. I know that I can trust Him.

The day before father's day was when we found out about our little gift. So, that is what Bill got for Father's day!

The timing to us seemed to be less than perfect, but it was God's plan, and His plan is ALWAYS perfect. So tonight, we praise God for new life! We lay all our hopes and fears at His feet and choose to rest and rejoice .

Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,

praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,

praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD. Psalm 150

8 comments:

Charlyn said...

Congrats on the new job and the new baby! It's awesome to watch the Lord bless you!!

Our Family said...

Watching the Lord work in your lives really is an encouragement and to see how faithful you have been through these last couple of months.

You are such an AWESOME Mom and friend, I'm so blessed to have you and your family in our lives...now you guys aren't moving, right? lol I hope not ;)

Congrats on the baby & Bill's JOB!!!!

Allie said...

I read this post with tears in my eyes. I forgot what an great writer you are.
God always does provide and what a wonderful blessing this baby will be to your family.
Heres hoping for a girl ;-)

Amy... said...

This is such great news! I really love coming here to your blog because I feel like your words bring peace. Really! Thank you for faithfully sharing your heart. I think you seem very authentic...:)

ps I bet you are due right about when I was due with Griffin this past year, Feb 17th. We found out the Friday before Father's Day, 2006. So great!

Loving Life said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More babies! Everyone LOVES babies Liz AND we are THRILLED to share in the excitement and scare ;) with you :)
Honestly, people would almost never have babies if we were waiting for the 'perfect timing' :) They are they joys that remind us how fun it is to open our eyes each morning!
Praying for you right now and waiting to hear more about how you are feeling and IF you are planning to find out what it's gender is???
Praise God for a job for Bill!
Very excited about your future Girl! Love, Debi

Anonymous said...

Aww...congratulations on this precious new little one! Praying that the chaos will have stabilized much by the time Baby comes, so you'll be free to just delight in him or her without all these other stresses. You're a wonderful mother, and I'm glad God is bringing another beautiful little Ferguson into the world!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Congratulations! That is always wonderful news, even if we're not quite ready to receive it. =) Praying for that little blessing growing inside of you.

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!! This is quite a surprise. I'm so glad y'all are excited about it. I totally know that feeling of this surprise and not being sure what to think at first. But then it gets overwhelming how joy soon replaces that fear. Yea! I'm so happy for y'all.

Babywearing