Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My random busy days

I am tired tonight. I have been trying to get our family back to a more normal routine before school starts next week. Bill started his new job this week (Yea, praise God). It is going good so far. The dive isn't as bad as we had originally thought. He does have to leave the house a little before 7 a.m. though. So, I have been getting up early. I help get him ready and make his lunch. Then I make myself a cup of coffee and have my quiet time. I just love the early morning when everyone is still asleep. I am not a morning person by nature, but now that I am starting back on a routine I really enjoy it. I really need that fresh start to my day. Time to be with my Savior, and the oppertunity to cover my family in prayer as the day is just beginning.

I am trying very hard these days to keep on top of the housework. I want Bill to come home after a long day at work to a peaceful clean home. I know that won't always be possible, but I pray for the strength and energy to attempt it.

James keeps me pretty busy. Today he decided he wanted to "help" me with the laundry. He at least had fun taking the clothes in and out of the basket. (BTW, the garbage bag behind James is full of my clothes that no longer fit because baby #4 is starting to grow more.)


He also decided to crush these boxes for me before they went into the trash. He has seen us doing this, so I guess he thought it would be fun.My days have been so full of cleaning, preparing lessons for Anna and Ryan, chasing after a busy little man, reading stories, playing games, making meals, etc... I wouldn't trade it. My job is 24/7 and exhausting but I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to do all this.

Thank you God for everything you have blessed us with; for our 3 precious little ones. Help me to be the mom you want me to be, and to rely on You and not myself. Please give me the strength to greet tomorrow. Thank you that Your mercies are new every morning! Amen.

And now I am off to bed. Tomorrow is another busy day.

6 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Yes, we're still working on a "normal" routine for our household too. Moving has thrown us all off, WAY off. I'm looking forward to diving back into the word, with a cup of coffee at my elbow. Beautiful family, Liz. You are truly blessed!

Amy... said...

You did a great job describing your day to day...mine is similar in some ways. It is tiring sometimes, to say the least:) Does pregnancy make you really tired? I've been thinking a lot about God' mercies being new every morning.I'm praying that I understand that more thoroughly...Amy

Charlyn said...

*Sigh* My days are soooo busy too. Today I woke up, threw in a load of wash, went for my walk, showered, went to work, went straight to the grocery store from work, threw in pizzas while I unloaded the van, unpacked the cold groceries, grabbed some pizza and took my daughter to her volleyball game until 7. Then I came home, ran to the library and now I am sitting here in the middle of a messy house. Most days consist of running J to football practice and games, piano lessons, C's volleyball games, working, and squeezing in the housework and meals. Some times (like now) I feel more overwhelmed then others! Then I think to myself, one day in the not too far future, the kids will be grown and gone, and I'll miss these days. That usually helps take the edge off.

Keep up the good work girl!

Our Family said...

Ahhh...NORMAL...what exactly is that meaning??? lol Yeah, I have actually tried getting our house in order, but as you know with kids, it just seems impossible sometimes, but yes we do our best and that is all the Lord and our family can expect from us. You are so encouraging and such an inspiration to us all as mothers, thanks for sharing and reminding us all that no matter what God is with us to guide us through our not so Normal days as well ;)

Janelle and Ella said...

Congratulations on the start of a new job. That is very exciting. An answer to prayer I know.
You are an inspiration for me to get up early to do my quiet time. I also am not a morning person by nature, so it is one of the hardest things for me to do.
You are such a great wife.

Shelly said...

Girl! That is one busy day! Hope you've got to rest now!

And the little one is adorable! lol

Babywearing