Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Looking a lot like Christmas

Well, this morning we got hit with a pretty big storm. We already had quite a bit of snow. But this is what it looked like a few hours ago, with about 6 more inches added to the ground. This is looking out to the backyard. My Moms group was canceled this morning so we stayed home and enjoyed the snow from the inside. :) After we finished school I decided to work on a few Christmas projects. The kids helped frost Christmas cookies and we put their hand prints on the tree skirt (a tradition we are starting this year)...I just need to get James' hand prints on it. I wonder how well that will go!

We put our tree up a few weeks ago. It's not very fancy and it's not perfect, but we enjoy it. I let the kiddos decorate it. They have so much fun. I love setting the tree up as a family. I hope you all are enjoying this holiday season!

6 comments:

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

Very Cute Elizabeth.
I love your decorations! The tree skirt looks really cute. We did our tree yesterday. I love decorating the tree!!!!

Bethany said...

I really love the idea of putting your handprints on the tree skirt! I might talk to Phil and see if he wants to do that. How big is your skirt? We have a small cheep felt one. Do you think that would work or would a bigger, different fabric one work better?

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of the snow:( I need to get going on my Christmas cookies!!

Janelle and Ella said...

First, I am SO jealous of you snow!! That is amazing!! It looks beautiful.
Second, I LOVE your tree and your tree skirt. That is such a neat tradition with the handprints. I may have to adopt it into my home.

Liz Ferguson said...

The tree skirt I used was a cheep felt one I got at Target. It was a full circle, so I just cut a slit in it up to the middle, so that I can fit it around the tree base. I tried to use a gold metallic paint pen to write their names and the year by their hands but that didn't work. I think I will try using some fabric paint for that.

Hope that makes sense.

Unknown said...

Oh man! I am so jealous!!!!!! It's freezing here but no snow!! :(

Babywearing